Friend can’t connect to Minecraft server
You all start a Minecraft server to play with your friend, but your friend can join, friend can’t connect to the Minecraft server.
Oops! I know how frustrating it can be. Everyone wants to build castles, do pranks like his friends, and set their own rules on his server.
Why does your Minecraft server not allow your friends to join?
Why friend can’t connect to the Minecraft server?
Your friends cannot join your server because there is a chance that you and your friends are playing Minecraft in a different version or forum. Also, not having the right transmission hole in your route can be a problem as well.
It’s frustrating when you can’t play with your friends. Believe me; I’ve been there.
Well, put on your study glasses because as a Minecrafter colleague and someone who has spent many hours in the game solving this particular problem, I will be giving you a straightforward solution to this problem.
Please do not skip any part of this article, as I am going to explain the process step by step.
Also, this error is related to the io netty abstract connection error in Minecraft.
How Many Multiplayer Modes is in Minecraft?
There are 4 multiplayer modes in Minecraft. Two or more players can play Minecraft together on a multiplayer server. You can download the server file and create your server on Minecraft.net or you can enjoy multiplayer mode on someone else’s server.
This is a beginner guide for Minecraft beginners, and if you do not fall into this category, you can skip to the next section.
So, you have just started Minecraft, and you want to explore the world of Minecraft rather than playing a single player.
Minecraft offers 4 multiplayer modes:
- LAN (Local Area Network)
- Split-Screen. (Limited to Console only)
- Minecraft Realms.
- Online servers.
In these four ways, you can play Minecraft with your friends.
In this article, our main focus is on solving the problem of 4th mode “online servers”.
So, let’s get into problem-solving. And there are many unusual biomes of Minecraft in the updated version. If you have never been to those biomes, consider using the Minecraft biome finder.
How my friends can connect to my Minecraft server
Now you wonder, hey, I’ve done everything, and still, my friends can’t join my server in Minecraft. Why did this happen?
First, you need to know two or three things about this Mode.
- You need to have the same version of Minecraft as your partner to join your server or vice versa.
- Then, you need to send your friends Public Server IP Addresses.
- You need to move forward on your router.
- You need to disable the firewall on your computer and your router.
So, here are the steps to fix friend can’t connect to the Minecraft server:
1. Update Minecraft
The Windows Store should update your game automatically. But if it is not updated, then do it on your own,
- Go to the Microsoft Store.
- Click on the three dots on the top right corner, then click Download and update.
- After clicking Downloads and Updates, click Get Updates.
- After that, you will find all the software that needs to be updated, including Minecraft. Tell your friends to do the same. Remember that the modified version contains the values buried in Minecraft.
2. Know your Public IP Address
Go to whatismyip.com while using the Minecraft server in the background. You will get your public IP address.
You need to provide your Public IP Address to your friends because without a public IP address they can not join your server.
3. Use Proper ports
To play Minecraft with your friends over online servers, you need to port forward your router.
So, I will give you an important guide on how to do that as it varies from router to router, but the basic process is very similar.
Before forwarding through the port, you need a static IP. So, let’s get to do one.
- Go to Command Prompt and type in ipconfig /all, then press Enter.
- Note down IPv4 address, Subnet Mask, and DNS servers.
- Go to the control panel, click View Network Status and Tasks, and then click Change Adapter Settings.
- Change the adapter settings, right-click on it, and hit properties.
- Browse Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4), mark it, and click on the properties below. Enter a marker. Use the following IP address: then enter a new IP address. It will be like a default gate. Just change the last confirmation to last between 1 to 254.
- At IPv4 address, Subnet Mask DNS servers past the previously copied address.
- Click OK, and you now have a fixed IP.
Now that you have a fixed IP let’s go back to port forwarding,
- Log in to your browser with a browser.
- Go to the transfer section through the hole, usually in the Advance settings.
- Enter your IP address. TCP: 25565, UDP: 19132-19133,25565.
- Restart the router.
If you are having difficulty transferring a port to your preferred route, you can check your route at portforward.com, and there you will have a complete guide on how to do it.
4. Enable the Windows Firewall Application
It would be better if you disable the firewall protection window so that Minecraft can play with your friends in Minecraft.
And Whitelist Minecraft servers worldwide using the best Minecraft VPNs.
- Navigate to the Windows firewall and check the Enable application or feature via windows defender firewall click on it. After going there, click change settings.
- Check javaaw.exe and mark publicly and privately.
- Click OK.
You have finished disabling the Minecraft firewall.
Also, check out our special tutorial on archiving inventory when you go to Minecraft.
How to set up online servers in Minecraft
Before solving a problem, you need to know that you are doing everything right to play on online servers. If Minecraft works too slowly on your PC, try allocating more RAM to Minecraft for a faster and smoother game.
So, I will be explaining how to connect with your friends properly on online servers. Here are the steps to set up online servers in Minecraft:
- Download the latest version of Java. Download it at: java.com/en/download
- Load the server file to the official Minecraft page. It will be named Server.jar.
- Launch server. It will open a command line.
- Launch this java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar server.jar with Gog Command in command prompt. Minecraft will then create a eula.txt file and open the file, then set: Eula = true.
- Launch command java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar server.jar nogui again.
- Set your server rules, you need to read the server commands.
Now that you have finished setting up the server, you need to know how to connect with your friends.
First, you need to know the web address of your computer and the Minecraft server you are on.
So follow these steps:
- Go to whatismyip.com while using the Minecraft server in the background. You will receive your public IP address.
- Open your Minecraft game and click on the direct link.
- Copy and paste the IP address into whatismyip.com and click on join server.
To connect with friends and invite them, give them a public domain address at whatismyip.com, and they can join the server immediately.
We all want to enjoy our favorite game with our friends. Minecraft is truly one of the best games you can enjoy with friends.
This is it for today’s article on “friend can’t connect to Minecraft server”, hope, you have found a solution to your problem and now you can enjoy the game with your friends.
For more details and the latest updates, visit Instachronicles.