Discord can’t hear
Are you looking for a solution to Discord Can’t hear? Fixing that problem is very easy in most cases, fortunately. Here is a brief guide to how to fix your problem.
Discord is a great communication tool for gamers and students alike, but even the best apps sometimes run into problems.
You may be about to start a group study session or an anticipated game at CS: GO, but no one hears you. This is a major problem which requires to be solved as soon as possible. Fortunately, it should not be too difficult to fix.
continue reading “Discord can’t hear”.
Here are a few fixes you can try to restore your Discord audio!
Fix 1 – Check Windows Volume Mixer
If you have just logged into your computer with Discord, one of the first things you should check for Volume Mixer in Windows is to make sure the app is not muted. Here’s how to do it:
- At the bottom right of your screen, next to the clock, right-click the volume/speaker icon. If you can’t see it, press the little arrow up. This will open a small pop-up window, which contains a volume icon.
- Select Volume Mixer
- A small window will open, showing several volume bars. You may need to adjust that for the Discord app. Make sure it is not too low or muted by 0%
If you still do not find the volume icon in the taskbar, use Method 2.
- In the first menu, select Settings (Cogwheel above the power button)
- From Settings, go to System and then the Sound tab on the left
- Scroll down and open the app volume and device preferences
- From this menu, you can easily adjust the volume of any app
If the Discord application is muted in Volume Mixer, you should not encounter any problems. However, if this is not the case, move on to other corrections.
Fix 2 – Server deaf
Discord servers may have automated mute / extensions provided by administrators to new members, as suggested in the official Discord troubleshooting guide.
To resolve this issue, you will need to ask one of the administrators to remove the mute, or you will need to follow the server process to get authorized.
Fix 3 – Turn off Deafen
If this is one of the first times you have used the Discord program, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the various instructions and features. One of the most useful tools is the Mute and Deaf button.
By allowing Deafen, you will automatically “mute” everyone in the channel, which means you won’t be able to hear any of them.
To disable this option, look at the bottom left of Discord while serving. You will see a headphone icon with a red line on the other side, indicating that Deafen is enabled. Click the icon to disable it.
Fix 4 – Check Discord Audio Settings
If the Deafen feature is off and you can no longer hear anyone in the voice channel, you should check out the Audio Settings of the app. Follow the steps below:
- Open User Settings by clicking on the cogwheel to the right of Deafen
- You will see a list of a few different categories of settings on the left. Open Voice and video
- Make sure the correct headphones or speakers are selected on the Output Device
- Also, ensure that the volume bar is set to at least 50%
Fix 5 – Try Web Version
If none of the above fixes works for you, consider trying the web version of Discord to make sure the problem isn’t on your computer or the app itself.
To use the Discord web version, open your browser and paste the https://discord.com/app into the address bar. Sign in and join the voice channel to find out if you hear from your friends.
If everything works fine while using the web application, the problem may be with the desktop application. To fix this, you may need to re-install it.
Fix 6 – Reinstall Discord
If the Discord web version works but the desktop application does not work, it is time to re-install the app.
- Type Discord in the start menu
- Right-click the Discord icon and select Eject
- This will open a program window and features where you can find Discord
- Once you have selected Discord, press Release again
- When the process is complete, download the desktop application from the official website and start setting up.
- Complete the installation process and open Discord.
After re-installing Discord, everything should work fine, and you will not face the problem of “Discord can’t hear” and you will be able to hear your friends again while you share the voice channel.
Fix 7 – Change Server Region
The reason you can hear anyone may not be due to your computer or the app itself. It may also be caused by a server region, sometimes occurring when Discord servers are under repair.
To verify that this is not the case, you may need to change the server location. Here’s how:
- Right-click the Server icon and select Server Settings
- In the Overview tab, you should see a drop-down menu to change the region
- Switch to the region closest to your location.
Regions are gradually assigned to voice channels instead of the whole server, which means that switching regions to get a voice channel requires a different process. Follow the steps below:
- Hover over the voice channel name and click the cogwheel
- Open the Region Exit Drag menu and select a different region
After successfully changing your region, re-join the voice channel and find out if you hear from your friends or not.
These are the best applicable fixes for this type of audio problem. If you try every one of them, you should be able to solve the problem, and eventually, you may hear your friends again while you are playing games together.
Hope you got the best solution to “Discord can’t hear” from the above 7 methods.
This is it for today’s article on “Discord can’t hear”, hope it was informative!
For more details and the latest updates, visit Instachronicles.