NZXT cam not working
NZXT Cam does not turn on or download to your PC or see a message that NZXT Cam no supported cooling devices found? For most users, the NZXT cam not working on the devices so here we have put together a list to fix these problems.
NZXT Cam is a reliable PC temperature monitoring tool for Windows PC. This tool also allows you to manage and control all NZXT devices.
However, users continue to report that the NZXT Cam will not detect Kraken or show GPU load or temperature. Sometimes users also see an error message that no supported lighting devices have been found.
If you are also experiencing a situation where the NZXT Cam does not open or display/find supported devices you should read this article.
Why Does the NZXT Cam Not Work Well?
The NZXT Cam has many problems that start for a variety of reasons. The most common problems are:
NZXT CAM does not open the problem when you use another similar tool that prevents the Cam from working or corrupt drivers. Unlock problem is usually a software-related problem.
NZXT CAM does not pose a problem that arises when a user has just uninstalled Cam but failed to clear all traces on Windows PC or it may be incorrect PC settings.
NZXT CAM does not detect devices usually users see NZXT cool or Kraken can not be seen because the hardware is not supported or not connected to the system. Sometimes the wrong chipset drivers also cause the CAM to show nothing.
NZXT CAM does not display FPS Like the MSI Afterburner FPS cover Cam will not show FPS if you have not enabled Screen Display in its settings.
The NZXT Cam does not display CPU temperature, GPU temperature, fan speed, or lightning, which occurs because you have disabled OSD options.
How to Repair NZXT Cam without opening Windows 10/11
Use the fixes mentioned below if the NZXT Cam does not display GPU load or just does not detect the devices.
Remove CAM Traces and reinstall
After installation, if NZXT Cam does not start try using it with controller access. This is because it is possible to re-install the Cam without removing its tracks.
Follow these steps to reinstall the Cam:
- First, uninstall the CAM software using the extractor that comes with the CAM.
- You can get the Cam extractor by accessing the folder where you installed CAM.
- Find a release and use it.
- Clean all tracks including Short Cut.
- Delete the entire file labeled “NZXT” or “CAM” with it.
- Press Win + E and type% appdata% to open it. Find Cam-related files or folders in the Location or Roaming folder and delete them.
- Open the system32 folder find Tasks and extract the CAM files.
Restart your PC.
- Download a Microsoft tool to verify and fix any impediment-related issues.
- After that Download NZXT CAM and install it.
In most cases, the system starts to open without any problems and then moves on to the next fix.
Create a Local Manager Account
If NZXT Cam does not work on Windows 10 you can try creating another administrator account to access Windows PC.
Now Sign in to Windows using the new account and access NZXT Cam to unlock it. Once unlocked, activate and return to your normal Windows login.
Many users have fixed the problem that does not work this solution also fixes a good lighting set, the Kracken display is set up correctly.
Enable Cam in Windows 10 Getting Started
If the NZXT Cam does not open Windows 10/11 it is possible to disable it at startup. Follow these steps to fix it:
- Press Windows + I to open Settings> Applications
- From the left side click the Get Started tab.
- Find the NZXT Cam in the list and make sure you open the slide.
Related: Fixed: Disable Launch Programs on Windows 10/8/7
Enable Screen Display
For some users, the NZXT Cam will not display FPS, CPU temperature, or GPU temperature, simply because they have disabled OSD settings within the app.
Enable on-screen settings by following these steps:
- Start the NZXT Cam.
- In settings find its OSD Settings.
- Enable CPU temperature, GPU temperature, FPS overlay, and Mini Mode Tab
- Click Apply to save the changes.
Install the Microsoft .NET Latest Framework
The Microsoft .NET Framework is an essential application required to run third-party applications on a Windows PC. If it expires or is damaged you can see the NZXT Cam does not open the problem.
Try installing the latest version of the .NET Framework by visiting the official site. Now follow the given instructions on the screen to install it.
Enable the application on Windows Firewall
NZXT Cam disabling or launching a problem is also possible if Windows Firewall prevents it from working. This is because the Firewall views some Cam files as a threat to the system.
You need to add Cam to the firewall for it to work. Follow these steps:
- Press the Windows + R key and type Control Panel.
- Go to System & Security> Windows Defender Firewall.
- Open via Windows Defender Firewall”
- In the following windows, list select CAM and Tik boxes under the Privacy and Public tab.
- Click OK and restart the software to check that it has repaired NZXT CAM unlocked.
Uninstall third-party applications
Several other PC monitoring systems perform very similar functions. For example, if you install an MSI Afterburner, Corsair, or Asus AI Suit 3 these tools may interfere with the Cam preventing it from unlocking.
Try uninstalling any such software that may cause disruption and use the application.
Reinstall Device Drivers
If the NZXT Cam states that no supported cooling devices have been found or the Cam-powered device is unknown. Then remove the current drivers of that hardware and reinstall it.
To do so follow these steps:
- Press Win + R to type Control Panel and open it.
- Click View Devices & Printers under the Hardware and Audio section.
- Under the “Unspecified” section of this menu, you will see some devices listed here. Right-click and select “Remove Device”.
- If you see labeled devices like Asetek USB Device, MCP2200 USB Serial Port Emulator, NZXT USB Device, USB212C HID Device, or Anonymous USB Device. Remove these devices and restart your PC.
NZXT Cam Not Detecting Kraken
If you have a Kraken X31, X41, X42, X52, X53, X61, X62, X63, X72, or X73 cooler and NZXT Cam do not detect you trying to download the Chipset driver from here.
Extract the Zip folder, right-click on the AseUSB.inf file, and select Insert. This will include the driver of your Kraken coolers. Once installed, restart your PC.
If you still see NZXT no supported cooling devices detected there may be a problem with the USB connection. Make sure Cam-powered devices are properly connected to the motherboard.
Check the USB header if the CAM device is detected on another USB head and there is a problem with it.
If the problem persists and the NZXT Cam will not show the devices you will need to contact NZXT Customer Support.
NZXT Camera Demonstrates GPU Load
Does the NZXT Cam always show 0% GPU load even when playing games?
Follow the steps :
- Open Display Settings by pressing right-click.
- Switch to the Display tab.
- Scroll down and click on advanced display settings. A new dialogue box will appear.
- Select the Troubleshooting tab, then click the Change settings button.
- In the Hardware Acceleration section, move the cursor fully to Full.
- Click OK to use your settings, and restart your computer.
For more details and the latest updates, visit Instachronicles.