Medical shows on Netflix
What’s up, people!
I’m back with another amazing article for all the drama spectators. Whether it’s a Korean drama, American drama, Taiwanese drama, or a Chinese drama, medical dramas are one of their favorite sub-genre where they can show diverse interesting characters with spectacular storylines. If you are confused about what to watch next, no problem, I’ll here to help you out! Check out the list of Medical shows on Netflix below
In this article, you’ll find the top 5 Medical shows on Netflix! Don’t forget to add up these medical dramas to your watch list. Have fun watching!
List of the best Medical shows on Netflix:
5. Life –
This is a Korean drama, aired on July 23, 2018, and the last episode aired on September 11, 2018. This drama was written by ‘Lee soo-yeon’, directed by ‘Hong Jong-chan’, and ‘I’m Hyun-work. This drama has 16 episodes in total which aired on the JTBC network.
The main characters in this drama are:
- Lee Dong-wook as Ye Jin-woo (he is one of my favorite Korean actors), is an emergency medicine specialist.
- Chooi Ro-woon as young Ye Jin-woo.
- Cho Seung-woo as Koo Seung-hyo is a President of Sangkook University Hospital.
- Won Jin-ah as Lee No-eul, is a junior pediatric specialist.
- Yoo Jae-myung as Joo Kyung-moon, chief of the Cardiothoracic Surgery Department.
- Moon So-ri as Oh Se-hwa, the director of Sangkook University Hospital and Chief of the Neurosurgery Department.
In this era, every field is under corruption and politics lead by the more powerful and psycho people. And the medical field is no different from these corrupted fields. In this drama, the story is about a university hospital where all the doctors did strike against the corrupted head who wants to turn the non-profit hospital into a money processing business.
4. Ratched –
This is an American psychological thriller, created by Evan Romansky, and developed by Ryan Murphy. This drama has 8 episodes in total. This story revolves around ‘Mildred Ratched’, who came to seek employment at a psychiatric hospital in North California and she got a job as an Asylum Nurse. She tried to make an appearance of a steadfast nurse as she started to infiltrate the mental health care system and the staff but that was the moment where her life became hell!
This drama has the following characters :
- Sarah Paulson as an asylum nurse Mildred Ratched who is hired by Dr. Hanover to work at Lucia State Hospital, but her motive to work there is to break her foster brother Edmund out of the hospital after he is admitted there for killing several priests.
- Cynthia Nixon as Gwendolyn Briggs, Governor Willburn’s press secretary and campaign manager, and Ratched’s love interest.
- Judy Davis as Nurse Betsy Bucket, the head nurse at Lucia State Hospital and a rival of Ratched’s. She later takes over the hospital from Dr. Hanover after he goes on the run from the police for his past crimes.
- Sharon Stone as Lenore Osgood, a wealthy heiress who hires a hitman to kill Dr. Hanover for disfiguring her son after she hired him to treat her son’s mental illness.
Watch these medical shows on Netflix!
3. House –
This is also known as House M.D. is an American medical drama TV series add on Fox network from November 16, 2004, to May 21, 2012, this series was created by ‘David Shore’ starring ‘Hugh Laurie’ and composed by ‘Jason Derlatka’, ‘John Ehrlich’, and ‘Christopher Hoag’. This series’s executive producers included ‘Shore’, ‘Attanasio’, ‘Katie Jacobs’ and directed by ‘Bryan Singer’.
It was filmed in Los Angeles. House is one of the top 10 series in the USA through the fourth season as it was distributed among 66 countries. The final episode of the House aired on May 21, 2012. This series has eight seasons in total, you can watch these medical shows on Netflix. Watch these medical shows on Netflix. The series has the following cast members –
- Hugh Lauri as Dr. Gregory House is an infectious disease specialist, head of the department of Diagnostic medicine, nephrologist, and diagnostician
- Robert Sean Leopard as Dr. James Wilson is the head of the department of oncology
- Jesse Spencer as Dr. Robert Chase is the head of the department of Diagnostic medicine in the finale episode season, surgeon, and cardiologist
- Lisa Edelstein as Dr. Lisa cuddy is the dean of medicine and also endocrinologist from season 1 to 7 only
- Omar Epps as Dr. Eric Foreman is the dean of medicine in season 8 of the series, Diagnostic medicine and Neurologist
- Jennifer Morrison as Dr. Allison Cameron is an immunologist, emergency and diagnostic medicine as well
2. Nurses who kill –
It’s a British to crime TV series real in 2016 it’s a series where nurses used their medical knowledge to kill vulnerable patients. The story starts by examining the case of Allit, a nurse in the children’s ward Of The Lincolnshire Hospital. The nurse poisoned young patients over the course of 59 days in 1991. The nurse murdered 4 people. This series was written by ‘Will Hanrohan’ and it has Four Seasons which aired in 2019. It was directed by ‘Chris Jury’ and ‘Nadiya Dawber’. Watch these medical shows on Netflix!
This series has the following cast members –
- Angie Adler
- Ethan Taylor
- Donna Youngs
- Dee Anand
- Andrew Bryan
- Pablo Raybould
- Jane Monckton-Smith
- Rebecca Gardner-Tildesley
- Trevor Murphy
- Ben Manning
- Augus King
1. Grey’s Anatomy –
It’s an American medical drama television series that premiered on March 27, 2005, on ABC. Here you will find romance, comedy ensembled drama. It was created by ‘Shonda Rhimes’ and composed by ‘Danny Lux’. This series has 17 Seasons with 371 episodes, the entire story revolves around the title character or the main character of Dr. Meredith Grey which is played by ‘Ellen Pompeo’. Watch these medical shows on Netflix!
This is the longest-running primetime show which is airing on ABC. It has the following cast members-
- Sandra Oh
- Katherine Heigh
- Chandra Wison
- Isaiah Washington
- Justin Chambers
- James Picbens Jr.
- Patrick Dempsey
- T.R. Knight
This series basically focuses on surgical interns and residence’ lives, how they get their training, what struggles they go through and ultimately turns into doctors, and how they maintain a perfect balance between their personal and professional life.
Do you find our list of the best Medical shows on Netflix useful? Do you want more lists like Medical shows on Netflix? comment below:
Read other articles on Instachronicles!