Based on an original idea by Rebeca Carrasco, Juan De Dios, and Julián Romero, Luck is a 2022 computer-animated fantasy comedy film that is directed by Peggy Holmes and written by Kiel Murray, Jonathan Aibel, and Glenn Berger. Eva Noblezada, Simon Pegg, Jane Fonda, Whoopi Goldberg, Flula Borg, Lil Rel Howery, Colin O’Donoghue, and John Ratzenberger all lend their voices to the Skydance Animation production.
The movie had its world premiere on August 2, 2022, in Madrid, and on August 5, 2022, it was made available on Apple TV+ and in a few U.S. cinemas. Critics gave the movie mixed reviews, praising the voice acting and animation but criticizing the world-building and plot.
What Day Will Luck Be Available?
Fortunately, the release date of this fantasy movie for families won’t be delayed for long. The Luck movie will debut on August 5, 2022. Having been earlier set to debut right before St. Patrick’s Day in 2021, it turns out that Luck encountered an unlucky patch. Before settling on the August release date, the release date was advanced several times.
Luck cast members
- Sam Greenfield, the world’s unluckiest individual, is played by Eva Noblezada. Sam finds the Land of Luck when she leaves foster care and sets off on a quest that can alter her luck for good.
- Sam teams up with Bob, a lucky black cat from the Land of Luck, played by Simon Pegg, to find a lucky penny to keep his lucky life.
- Whoopi Goldberg plays The Captain, the guardian of the Land of Luck.
- The Dragon, played by Jane Fonda, is the vivacious CEO of Good Luck and undeniably the luckiest prehistoric creature in the entire world.
- Flula Borg stars as Jeff, a larger-than-life facilities engineer who looks forward to one day seeing his true love, The Dragon, again. Jeff is responsible for maintaining the mystical device that bestows good and bad luck on people.
- Sam’s first employer is Marv, the proprietor of the Flowers & More shop, played by Lil Rel Howery. She is positive, well-groomed, and always prepared with a reassuring phrase for unfortunate Sam.
- Gerry is a devoted leprechaun played by Colin O’Donoghue. He loves his job with Bob at Arrivals and Departures in the Land of Good Luck and is always the first to volunteer for any activity. Gerry spreads joy wherever he goes.
- Rootie, a bad luck root and the self-declared mayor of Bad Luck, is played by John Ratzenberger. He is the proprietor of The Lucky Shot, the only bar in the Bad Luck district that offers free advice.
- At the Summerland Home for Girls, Sam’s roommate and best friend are Hazel, played by Adelynn Spoon. The five-year-old is convinced that as soon as she discovers a genuine lucky penny, which Sam is determined to find for her, she will be adopted by her forever family.
In the movie Luck, Eva Noblezada’s character Sam Greenfield is so unlucky that she can’t even pass through a grocery store without shelves crashing on top of her. However, after finding a fortunate penny, everything seems to turn around—until she inadvertently flushes it down the toilet. Then Sam is suddenly taken to the Land of Luck, where people are not permitted and their presence causes havoc in this enchanted place where a unicorn and a dragon dwell. Sam is so determined to reverse her and her closest friend’s fate after she sentenced them to a lifetime of misfortune.
Where can I find Luck on television?
The teaser trailer was released by Apple TV+. In it, Bob gives us a quick tour of the Land of Fate, explains how everything works, and shows us the day when Sam enters the room and their luck changes.
Use a streaming service like Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, or Netflix. Additionally, you may purchase or rent the movie on Google Play or iTunes. If you have cable, you can also watch it on demand or through a streaming app on your TV or another streaming device.
Constantly be updated with us, visit InstaChronicles for Real-time updates.